> Sure seems to me the answer is to use the waste heat off the electric motor.
 >
> (there's plenty of it in normal driving).

>I'm not so sure.  Sebring/Vanguard tried that in the Comuta-Cars (and maybe
>some Citicars).  The ran forced air into the motor for cooling.....

Typical AC motor is probably around 85% efficient so 15% = heat.   100 amps at
150 volts  = 15kw.   15% of 15kw =2.25 kw of heat.

Seems to me thats a fair amount of heat going to waste.   The problem is not
that it's not there.   It's "low grade" heat (i.e. low temperature, because you
don't want the windings hot) so to harvest it, you can't just bring in outside
cool air through the motor.   You'd
need to run cabin air recirculated and have a seperate system for fresh air.
 I'm not familliar with the car you mentioned.   How did they do it?