On Nov 6, 2014, at 6:53 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruni...@usna.edu> wrote:

> That's a no brainer.  Get a Volt!

First thing I suggested to him.

It's out of his price range...he's looking for under $20K if possible -- thus,
he's holding out (for now) for another year or so until a certain 2013 model
year Honda something-or-other he has his eye on is in that price range. That's
why I'm hoping the rapid evolution of EVs is rapid enough for him...with the
Golf and BMW coming out now and Tesla making all sorts of noises about
econoboxes and all sorts of Asian and European vehicles coming out all the
time...well, with luck, when he's ready to start thinking about opening his
wallet, maybe by then there'll be used Volts in his price range, or a new
all-electric something with just barely enough extra range plus rapid charging,
or some other variation on that theme...or maybe I'll ask him just how many
times in the last year he actually _has_ driven over 100 miles at a time.

Main thing, the seed's been planted. Might not get anything out of it, but at
least it's not entirely out of the question.

b&