On Nov 24, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Ben Goren via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> I predict [....]

Thinking on this a bit more...we're also likely to see some interesting social
dynamics emerge. Imagine a bunch of people, all EV owners, visit a fellow EV
owner. Access to the charger(s) would quickly wind up being similar to access
to the bathroom.

Just as we went from a time when nobody had indoor plumbing to today when few
houses are sold with fewer than three toilets...we can look forward to a
similar transition with EV charging stations.

...and who pays for the charge? It costs a lot more to recharge an EV after a
cross-country trip to Grandma for Thanksgiving than it does to flush the
toilet. Will Grandma's pension be enough to pay for all the kids coming home to
visit?

I'm sure we'll figure it out...but it may well get interesting in the mean
time....

Cheers,

b&