From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Ted Lowe, FVEAA via
EV
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:34 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: [EVDL] Damaged ADC FB1-4001A Motor

Hi EVers,

i have a 1992 S-10 conversion i've been driving for 14 years.  It has an ADC
FB1-4001A 9" motor.

Last year i made a mistake and over-spun the motor with the clutch
activated.  The motor made a big nasty mechanical sound and i thought i
would be walking home from there.  But the motor still works as long as
i keep the RPMs down (perhaps below 2000).    If i go above that RPM,
the banging sound happen again.  i realize i'm driving 'on borrowed time'
and want to get the motor fixed/rebuilt.

So my questions are:

1) What is likely damaged inside?
2) What would be involved in getting it repaired?
3) What kind of parts and costs are likely involved?
4) Can this be a DIY project for a handy person?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
ted