Nope, I agree with Bob.  Not only do you have the expense of an unnecessarily
large pack but you are carting around its enormous weight as well.  The effect
on the average day-to-day efficiency of the EV would be huge especially for a
vehicle used mostly around town in stop-go traffic.  Most families that can
afford an EV could probably afford 2 - just like most EV owning families have
one EV and one ICEV.  Just make the ICEV a PHEV and use that for the long range
trips... But hey, its a free(ish) country!