I've no clue. I'm assuming they're making it using some sort of chemical
reaction, presumably one not entirely unlike those ones chemistry teachers love
to demonstrate with the carbon snakes boiling out of the beakers when they mix
two colorless liquids.

...I think I'm going to see if the researchers answer their emails....

b&