I'm guessing the author of the article didn't do his homework and probably
doesn't know the difference between energy and power.

If it's energy density, the figure is out of date -- modern 18650's are north
of 250Wh/kg.

If it's power density, the figure is just plain wrong, since that is equivalent
to a 1C discharge rate.  A power tool cell can easily deliver pulses of 30A; at
3.7V nominal less ~15mOhms of ESR, that translates into 96W in a 45g can --
2kW/kg.

-Ben