Ben,

It is likely the Tesla cars can pull it just fine, but will probably
overheat towing,  especially on hills.  Towing packages for trucks have all
manner of extra cooling gear, for transmission, oil coolers, oversize
radiators, and so on.  It is a simple application that is difficult in
practice.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Ben Goren via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 5:40 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>
> > In any case, don’t get your hopes up too high on a truly versatile towing
> > capacity because electric power isn’t similar to a traditional engine’s
> > twist.
>
> Huh?
>
> Range questions aside, an electric vehicle with ~700 HP / ft-lbs should
> absolutely stomp all over anything else on the market. And with all of that
> torque there from a standing stop...I can't imagine how gas could possibly
> be any more "versatile" than that.
>
> Hell, this thing should be able to tow the broken-down tow truck with the
> broken-down still-full pickup truck still on the flatbed.
>
> b&

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>

*Warren Buffet*