On 05/27/2015 02:52 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
I wouldn't even do an E-bike lithium battery without a BMS.  But that's me,
and I know how forgetful I can be!

I met this guy the other day:
http://evalbum.com/4939

Personally, I'd rather have a BMS than not. OTHO, they have been a tremendous source of trouble for me.

The above bike has a fractional Leaf pack. The guy charges to a certain voltage which should insure individual cell voltages in the proper range. IF they are balanced. The guy has easy access to cell voltages and checks regularly after charges. He has only a few cycles on it but, so far, so good.