I disagree.

Assuming by your example the OCV of the cell is 3.8v and one charges to 4v.

After cycle 1 the OCV will be 22.8v
After cycle 2 the OCV will be 19v
After cycle 3 the OCV will be 19v
Etc.

One can tell if there is a bad cell immediately after every charge because the
OCV will be lower.

Sent from my iPhone