From: "Paul Dove via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Cor van de Water" <cwa...@proxim.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 19-Jun-15 4:10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Bicycle battery

That's what Boeing said but it's interesting that these batteries are used in many applications and none of them had fires. Open circuit voltage is what needs to be considered not max charge voltage,

I haven't tried this but I may just to prove a point. If you hold 4 volts on one of these cells indefinitely it will burn. Which is what they were doing. Also it was a starter battery so they didn't use much to start the APU and then is held 4 volts on the cells.

Sent from my iPad