Add me to the list of people who was a happy owner until I burned it up as
well.  I would not hesitate to buy another if I have a need.  I actually did
some pretty heavy discharge testing with mine, but kept in on ice to help with
the cooling.  I burned mine up when i forgot about the max voltage level and
exposed it to too high of voltage.
damon