On Aug 17, 2015, at 2:58 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> But in full disclosure, I am a solar junkie, and if I remember correctly,
> you are a hydrogen lobbyist paid to undermine EV's in favor of the
> fool-cell hydrogen economy.

You do NOT remember correctly:

- I am not a lobbyist.

- I have a long history of supporting, not undermining, battery electric
vehicles. (and don't forget, fuel cell electric vehicles (careful your
spelling)  EVs, too). In fact, my paid work involves recommending funding the
purchase of battery electric vehicles and their infrastructure.

- I also am a strong supporter of fuel cell electric vehicles (you got that
right)

> Your painting of EV's with the coal brush
> undermines your credibility too.

I wasn't referring to your credibility, and I wasn't painting anything with a
coal brush.  I merely pointed out that in an area where coal is a major part of
electricity production, when the issue gets raised, an advocate would be better
served to say that "yes, a lot of electricity here comes from coal, BUT:

- you can cost-effectively charge it with solar; or

- you can purchase RECs; or

- (insert your favorite reason why buying a BEV is still a good option)"

If you don't think that's a better strategy than denial to get more solar and
BEV users, that's fine. Use whatever works for you.

I think you misinterpreted my earlier comments, but that no reason for a
personal attack.

(And yes, I'm a strong solar supporter, too, and have spent my own time
pressing for better policies and programs.)