But they don't have two other wires connected to the ground wire anywhere.

Are you saying that the two smaller green wires that are connected to the large green wire are part of a isolation ground circuit?

Jay

On 11/15/2015 10:12 AM, Roland wrote:
Just type in your search engine - J1772 wiring diagram and you will see
the light-
I am using a industrial 5 wire receptacle and plug in my EV that has a
extra isolation ground circuit.  A isolation ground circuit is only
connected to the circuit and/or circuit board and nothing else.  If the
isolation ground circuit shorts to a conductive housing, then there is a
ground detection circuit that opens up a contactor or a shunt type
commercial circuit breaker.
Roland

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Jay Summet via EV <mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>
    *To:* Electric Vehicle Discussion List <mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>
    *Sent:* Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:08 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [EVDL] Extra ground wires on Nissan Leaf J1772 inlet
    & cable?

    Yes, I've taken out that LED light already, and it has a separate
    set of
    wires.

    Jay

    On 11/14/2015 11:17 PM, Tom Keenan wrote:
     > If I remember correctly, the charging area was unlighted until
    the 2013 model year. There is a LED light between the CHaDeMo port
    and the J1772 inlet on 2013 and newer model years.  Not sure if the
    J1772 wiring involved anything with the lighting setup.

    <ev@lists.evdl.org <mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>> wrote:

     >> The charging "bay/door area" on the Leaf is lighted, but that
    light is in a different location and separate from the actual inlet.

     >> I don't see any LED's/lights inside the inlet itself (and I
    can't find any other wires for LED's (unless they are powered by the
    pilot/proximity lines themselves...)

     >> Jay
     >>
     >>> On 11/14/2015 10:02 PM, Alan Arrison via EV wrote:
     >>> Jay, is the inlet lighted?
     >>> Could it be ground returns for LED's?
     >>>
     >>> Al

    Nissan Leaf