[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/FS-2002-Ford-Focus-EV-conversion-2500-tp4679247.html
(See this evdl post for all the technical details)
]

% IMO Replacing the batteries is not a reason for Josh to label the EV a
'project' car. Assuming the existing old pack still has enough life to drive
a 1 mile test loop to show it is a functioning EV, it would be easy enough
to buy 14  8VDC lead-acid batteries (for about $1400) and drop them in.

So, what else could need work to make Josh use those words?
(Below is his reply> nothing really)

*Bottom line: IMO I would not call this a 'project EV' as it needs little
effort to get the EV back to being a daily driver again (just a new pack).
>From what I can see, this is a nice clean Focus conversion-EV that just
needs a new 144VDC (x14 8V PbSO4 $1400) pack.

If you were to buy this EV, you would transport it home, document
(write-down) all the battery cabling orientation as a diagram (which way are
the + & - battery terminals oriented, etc.), then remove the old 8V
batteries placing them out for pick up. Clean up the racks and cable ends,
and order replacment 8V batteries which you would buy locally for a better
price and fresher pack (all the same manufactured date).

Buying 14  8V batteries from one source should be cheaper than buying
individual batteries and a better idea. While 'Trojan' is the best and most
costly
http://bradsgolfcars.com/golf-car-batteries/trojan-t-875-8-volt-golf-car-battery/
, look for a 'US_Battery' dealer near you. Most likely they will sell you 14
8V batteries, deliver them and pick up your old pack at the same time (they
give a discounted price if they get a dead battery for each new battery).

Then using the documentation and cabling diagram you made, put the new
batteries in place oriented correctly, and then cable them up. The pack
voltage should be about 144 VDC. Put them on a light charge, and *after they
are fully charged, you can add 'distilled water' to the cells (to the ring).
After a week of driving, check the battery lugs for tightness, and check
them there-after when you do your pack's monthly cell-water-level checks.

Here are some of the large images from his evalbum listing:
http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?18286
http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?18287
http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?18290
http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?18291

Contact the seller (not me): Josh Wyatt
e...@wirefall.org   evdl AT wirefall DOT org
http://www.evalbum.com/3493
%

{brucedp.150m.com}

 Subject: Re: EV for sale
 Date: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 4:23 PM

 Honestly, that's about it. It could use new tires, maybe. The tires on it
have tread, should pass inspection, and hold air, but they will need
replacing in the next few thousand miles.

 The battery racks would probably need rework, when changing packs. Some
cleanup and repainting - the truck bedliner paint I applied before
installing the pack has suffered the usual lead-acid treatment. It should be
structurally sound, though.

 I had lots of plans for the car- restoring the air conditioning, for
example. Adding an overspeed limiter. Stuff like that. It's actually a  very
nice car for a home conversion, in my opinion.

 It has set for a couple of years, but I occasionally power it up using a
smaller pack to check things out. I just can't drive it.

 I am very happy to answer any and all questions about the car.
 Thanks,
 Josh
-