I consider it a great honor that I joined the New England Electric Auto Association (NEEAA) when Bob was president of the chapter. The meetings were held at his house and he always cooked up a rockin' chili. The collection of odds-and-ends and vehicles at his place was always very interesting. And he told great stories--full of those malapropisms. He was a master at that.

Someone brought a cheap, small, chinese-built electric scooter to one of the meetings and it was quite amusing watching Bob take it for a test drive. For those who never met him, Bob was a huge guy. I guess about 6' 4" and probably 300 pounds. We were fairly amazed that the scooter didn't collapse and more amazed that the little 500watt motor was actually able to move him around quite well.

--Rick