Solar cars make almost no sense (1% sense maybe).  Adds weight that has to
be carried everywhere, custom shapes and size cells cost TEN times more
than conventional home panels and there is 10 times more surface area on
the carport than on the car. 10% x 10% =1%

 Solar carports make 100% sense.  10 times the surface area, ten times
cheaper solar panels.  10 x 10 = 100 times better than putting them on the
car.  Been there... done that...

http://aprs.org/APRS-SPHEV.html