According to my Nissan data sheet I received when Nissan ship the modules to
me, A maximum cell voltage of 4.2 volts require a charger voltage set to 4.5
volts.  It was recommended to set the charge voltage to 4.16 volts for a cell
voltage of 4.00 volts.  This will give a very long battery life for my type of
driving of 2 to 4 miles a day.

It was also recommended to not discharge the cells below 3.65 volts which is
one half of the ampere hour capacity and watt hour energy.

According to my Orion MSN Manual,  the electrolyte starts to degrade above 4.0
volts.

It also best to install more cells in parallel to reduce the discharge and
charge rate per cell.   I connect six 33.3 ah cells in parallel and than series
the cell groups for 200 ah.

Charging with a Manzanito Micro 50 amp charger set for Li Poly cells which is
on a 60 amp service circuit breaker, it charges the battery pack at 48 amps or
48 A/6 cells = 8 amps maximum per cell.

The discharge rate is also low.  My Café Electric motor controller provides a
constant 200 motor ampere while the battery pack provides a 3 to 1 factor or
about  66.6 battery amperes.   Each cell load is 66.6/6 = 11.1 amps.

Driving two miles for 1.5 miles up hill and .5 mile down hill using battery
power, because the hills are very rough, the charger only takes less than 10
seconds to get to the maximum set voltage, it takes about 30 minutes to charge
at this lower rate of 11.1 ampere per cell or 48 battery amperes using about
5.0 ampere hour.

Roland