On 03/02/2016 05:14 PM, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
Gary,
I have a spare unused complete rear wheel with brushed hub motor from EV
Global, which was a Lee Iacocca design from 1998 or thereabouts.
This is the first version of their e-Bikes so it was used in a
24V bike, later bikes use 36V but I do not know if the motor is the same
or upgraded for 36V, it might well be the same motor.
I have run the same motor (I have a 24V EV Global that I use for all my
riding) on a 30V Lithium pack and it is very powerful, it will lift the
front wheel for a short moment when applying full power from stop.

I wonder if that might be the same or related to the Th!nk ebike sold by Ford? The one I've seen has a 24v lead battery mounted almost vertically in front of the rear wheel.