Also:
In 2001, ADL wrote a Philip Morris-funded report saying that smoking can help Czech economy:Public Finance Balance of Smoking in the Czech Republic <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Finance_Balance_of_Smoking_in_the_Czech_Republic>.

Cheers

On 12/11/16 6:40 PM, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
According to this Wikipedia article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_D._Little

A.D.Little was bought by Paris-based Altran Technologies in 2002.

"Under Altran's ownership, Arthur D. Little rebuilt its core practices in oil and gas, telecommunications, automotive and manufacturing and chemicals and reopened its US offices. Arthur D. Little continues to be active and recognized for its expertise in areas combining aspects of technology, innovation, and strategy."

In my opinion, that pretty much sums it up.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Joe Fields via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Sent: 11-Dec-16 3:29:34 PM
Subject: [EVDL] A. D. Little EV vs ICE report

Recently I saw this report from the management consulting firm A. D. Little referenced in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece by Holman W. Jenkins, Jr.:

http://www.adlittle.us/uploads/tx_extthoughtleadership/ADL_BEVs_vs_ICEVs_FINAL_November_292016.pdf

The report claims that BEVs have only a slight margin over ICEs in terms of
greenhouse gas reduction (23%) and that BEVs are significantly more
polluting overall.  To quote the WSJ article:

"... its total “human toxicity”—mainly due to heavy metals and
graphite—will be three to five times greater."

I don't know anything about ADL's reputation, but this analysis appears to
be strangely biased.  For instance my conversion's LiFePO4 cells don't
contain ANY heavy metals, but the catalytic converter in my gas car
definitely does contain platinum and palladium (which are obtained via
notoriously polluting mining operations...)

So two questions for the list:

Is there a reputable source that would refute this analysis?

Is there something I don't know about ADL's motivations for smearing EVs?