An prime example of the misinformation presented in this _non-peer-reviewed_ report shows up on page 7, where the report states: "Survey data reveals that BEVs are driven an average of 27% fewer miles per year than comparable ICEVs, but BEV owners still travel the same total miles as their ICEV counterparts. 6 "

Looking up the sited report in footnote #6, "Plug-in vehicle road tax report", it gives zero information about ICEV's or the ICEV annual miles driven. It is entirely about PIHEV"s and BEV's with no mention _whatsoever_ of ICEV's. The source and nature of their ICE vehicle annual miles is conspicuously absent. I wanted to know: What type of ICEV's are included? Over-the-road trucking perhaps?

The authors go on to assume, without supporting data, that the EV owner would need "make up" these "lost" EV miles using public transportation or a rental car. This conjecture by the authors has no basis in reality. I don't drive my EV any less that I used to drive my ICE. When my wife and I drive together, or when we have both cars to choose from, we preferentially drive the EV, instead of our Prius. Why wouldn't we? It is cheaper to drive. The EV clocks more miles than the HEV.

I also guffawed at figure #3, Its shows a number days lost for the replacement battery for the BEV, but neglects the 4 or5 lead acid starting batteries the ICE will have to replace over its lifespan, that will likely cost a day each to replace. Where is the time lost for ICE repairs in this graph, like the catalytic converter, exhaust system, oil changes, tune-ups, fuel system, etc.?

The report was written by a person that has never driven an electric car for any length of time, obviously.

    I guess this is how "fake news" originates.

Bill D.