Paul & Al, thanks for the recommendations,

DigiKey part number 473-1121-ND - GREASE CARBON ELEC CONDUCT 2.8OZ is my current choice, because it says it's conductive, and I can order it today.

I believe that "LOCTITE Silverstrate" is the electrically conductive phase change material that most closely matches my need, but the henkel website just says
"contact customer service for ordering information"
http://www.henkel-adhesives.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8799553814529

And digikey and mouser didn't have any "silverstrate" in stock. Can you recommend a source where I can order a small quantity? I get the impression this might be something used by larger assembly houses and difficult for a hobbyist to source. (at least, in $25 quantities...)

Jay