Jay, please keep us up to date.  I would like to know how the Silver Ice
performs.

________________________________
From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Jay Summet via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:07 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Silicon heat sink grease - Actually bought non-silicon
Silver Ice 710 NS

For anybody interested, I received a reply from Loctite about the
Silverstrate conductive pads. They have discontinued that product and do
not offer a replacement that is conductive.

I called Timtronics directly and was able to order a 3 cc syringe of the
Silver Ice 710 NS for $43 (+ S/H) over the phone.

For the record, the Silver Ice 710 (without the NS) is a resin based dry
film, and the 710 NS is an oil based wet film.  They both have the same
performance if the film is the same thickness, but the wet film (oil
based) product typically spreads out more, resulting in a thiner film
and better performance.

They recommend the dry film for larger parts where you wouldn't want to
risk oil escaping out the sides, but for smaller parts like the TO-220 /
TO-247 mosfets and diodes I'm using they said that the NS formulation
should work best.

Details about the silver ice at this website:
http://www.timtronics.com/electricallyconductive.htm
Electrically Conductive Thermal Compounds -
Timtronics.com<http://www.timtronics.com/electricallyconductive.htm>
www.timtronics.com
Black Ice 700 series are electrically and thermally conductive greases
engineered with highly conductive fillers, silicone and non silicone formulas.
Thermal ...

Jay

On 02/28/2017 12:49 AM, ROBERT wrote:
> Sorry Jay.  I did not try to order the material.  I walked down to my
> workshop and found the material that I have used.  It is call Silver Ice
> 710 and is made by Timtronics out of NY.  I had the stuff for a long
> time.  It is a gray grease and is not a change phase material.  I looked
> at the cut sheets on the Loctite and the Silver Ice 710.  Looks like the
> Silver Ice has a better electrical and thermal conductivity than the
> Loctite. Tomorrow I will call my old company and get contact for Loctite.

LOCTITE Silverstrate is an electrically conductive phase change thermal
interface material suitable for use between a heat sink and a variety of heat
dissipating ...

> LOCTITE ECF1000 Silverstrate AK Phase Change Material 1.57 ...
> <http://www.diverseelectronics.com/products/Loctite-ECF1000-Silverstrate-AK-Phase-Change-Material-1-57-x-1-57-p7562/>
LOCTITE ECF1000 Silverstrate AK Phase Change Material 1.57
...<http://www.diverseelectronics.com/products/Loctite-ECF1000-Silverstrate-AK-Phase-Change-Material-1-57-x-1-57-p7562/>
www.diverseelectronics.com
LOCTITE Silverstrate is an electrically conductive phase change thermal
interface material suitable for use between a heat sink and a variety of heat
dissipating ...

> www.diverseelectronics.com<http://www.diverseelectronics.com>
Shop Electronics Products Online, Electronic Components
...<http://www.diverseelectronics.com/>
www.diverseelectronics.com
Diverse Electronics is an authorized electronic components and
electromechanical parts distributor. In-stock inventory ready to ship. No
minimums. Shop Today.