Lotus did a similar chassis execution with their Europa back in the
day.  The transmission was even used as a frame member with chassis
links attached!  Composites have come a long way since then so best of
luck, this one could stick.  The older I get the less comfortable I am
in low slung cars from an era before crash testing (that I sincerely
adore) so please hurry :)

cheers,
sean

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM, jerry freedomev via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>                            Hi All,
>                               Things are moving along in my 63 Vette looking
> EV project.   The body, hood, doors were pulled out of the molds Friday so
> now the fun begins!! ;^)
>                               It still has some touchup, fitting the doors
> but should have it home Friday.   The shop with the mold which normally make
> drag racer bodies, USBody,  were amazed how strong it was with my layup
> inside to make it structural as going to be a unibody/monocoque with a
> composite chassis bonded into a single piece.
>                             It is the male mold for my actual production one
> which I'll modify some to make more aero, easier, stronger to build  at less
> weight and make the production simplified molds  from it.    The mold it came
> out of has 10 parts vs mine will be 3 parts.  ;^)
>                             Now in the process of taking a 90 C4  Vette apart
> for suspension, steering, A/C, etc which I'm selling the other parts to pay
> for it and take the motor out which being fairly handicapped now, I just
> can't do anymore.  So I sold the transmission for $100 but to get it they
> have to take the motor, A/C,
>  etc out.
>                           Once that is done Saturday I hope, I can handle the
> rest by working until I hurt too much, rest, repeat at my home shop.
>                            Once the suspension is off I can design, build the
> composite chassis and mate it all together fairly quickly.
>                             Right now using 2  6.7"motors because I own them,
> I'm on SSI so lowest cost is a big factor,  but hopefully I can get an A/C EV
> motor/controller that is hacked I can use.   But must be a shaft output I can
> put on a diff .  Might have to change rear suspension so I can adapt a Tesla
> to it now they have been hacked.   And hard to beat in power, cost as more
> crash.
>                              It should end up weighing 1800lbs or so with 2
> Volt packs worth 600kw if I can use it which should get me 150, maybe -200
> mile range as I drive it.
>                              As now legal to build 325 25 yr old or more
> looking cars/yr/model and 5k/yr /company with minimal/Hot rod regulations, my
> goal is producing production lines of multiple models including El Camino, a
> Van, A Brubaker Box style gull wing tiny van, 68 Mustang fastback, etc.
>                              All done the same tech in  EVs drives to get EVs
> being produced locally since big auto certainly isn't going to fast enough as
> they have shown.
>                                                 Jerry Dycus

Sean Korb spk...@spkorb.org http://www.spkorb.org
'65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera #1382