Scenic 'Electric Highway' (US 2) EVSE goes through Spokane-WA
U.S. Highway 2 across the Washington Cascades from Everett to Spokane now
has the distinction of being the first electric-vehicle-friendly scenic
byway in all of ...

Looking at Plugshare, the number of charging points has certainly improved over the last couple years. Aside from cost, which is pretty steep ($0.50 / kwh at skykomish), it's still a challenge.

For example, it's about 80 miles from Seattle to Stevens Pass, with a 4000' climb (6000' if you include the ups and downs). For a Leaf, this will require a charge somewhere before climbing the pass. Skykomish is 65 miles, which might be possible without a stop, but would likely give me range anxiety. So, I would need to stop in Sultan, 45 miles from Seattle. There's aren't any charge points at Stevens Pass, so I would have to stop at Skykomish, about 25 miles from Sultan. From there it's another 15 miles to the pass. On the return, maybe it's possible to to make it all the way back to Sultan but, again, I probably would get range anxiety. So, another stop at Skykomish, and then at Sultan. Doable, but risky. If any of these charge points aren't working, you're stuck.

Has anyone tried a trip like this?

Read EVAngel's EV News at
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (