As I recall, there is a setting on the Emeter to only light the display (and draw most of the 12 v mA) when the pack amps is above some threshold value, plus or minus.
I recall it is the "auto display mode" that you want to set.
Makes a big difference. If nothing is changing, you don't need to see anything.

Bill D.

On 7/23/2017 9:04 PM, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
Even the continuous draw of 80mA by the Emeter will drain my truck's small 12v
battery, so i have rewired it to the contactor coil power, meaning that the
Emeter is only powered when either driving or charging, not when parked. No
more dead batteries.
Cor

On Jul 23, 2017, at 7:49 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

From: Mike Scott via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
A small solar panel could supply that 300 mA easily with hardly any work at
all...
300ma 24/7 is going to require a fairly large panel. I have a 12" x 9" PV panel
that delivers 250ma *peak* (direct sun) on my Prius to keep the 12v battery charged. With
night, cloudy days, and the non-optimum angle of the sun, it delivers less than 20ma
average. So my guess is that you'd need several square feet of PV panels to get 300ma
average.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James