Lawrence,

Check out LunaCycle.com.  They make their own e-bike battery packs from an
ever-widening selection of 18650 cells that are typically 3.7 V nominal.
If your chemistry is a little lower voltage you'd be slightly undercharging
them, which I understand is good for cycle life.  Their packs come with
their own BMS, though I believe it does not include protect against a cell
failing short.  (Which I guess is more in how the pack is assembled than a
function of the BMS.)

The sense I get from the LunaCycle site is that they are a small enough
company that they can handle the occasional custom pack.  IF you have a
chat with them you might be able to get some general pointers and the
dimensions of their BMS, which would allow you to give them an envelope
size for the pack you want.  Their prices seem reasonable.  I think it's
worth a shot.

Chris

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>