I have a set of two (older) 6v golf cart batteries wired in series for a 12.5-14.5 volt system. The capacity of this system (measured after an inverter) is around 0.6 kWh, or around 30% of a "new" set of golf cart batteries.

I also have a block of 6 Nissan leaf modules, 3 parallel 2 series, or 180 AH @ 16.4 volts fully charged.

If I were to connect the charged Leaf modules (16.4 volts) to the discharged lead acid system (around 12.5 volts) with an 8' 10Ga jumper cable, what would happen?

Obviously, the 180 AH of Nissan Leaf modules would be happy to provide more amps than either the jumper cables or golf cart batteries can handle.

Since there is a 4 volt difference between the different battery banks, a 0.1 ohm wire resistance would give 40 amps, but a 0.01 ohm wire resistance would give 400 amps.

(10 Ga wire is good for 30 amps, and could probably handle 40 amps, especially as the amps would go down over time as the voltages equalized...)

I'm most interested in knowing if the lead acid batteries will draw more or less amps than the jumper cables can handle. (e.g. how resistance in the Lead Acid batteries interacts with the rest of the system).

I figure somebody out there has some practical experience with transferring energy from one battery chemistry to another?

Jay