Re: programmable low voltage limit on controller:
I am not too familiar with the Zilla and/or its capability to set a
minimum pack voltage to protect batteries from too deep discharge,
but my controller is very configurable and has input battery high and
low limits, which will simply disable the controller
when the input is outside that range. I ran into these limits when I
converted from lead-acid to Lithium and increased pack
voltage. In rather discharged state, the car ran. Once I charged the
pack, it disabled the controller until I reprogrammed the
high battery input voltage limit (and also upped the low input voltage
limit to protect the pack from deep discharge,
I rather have a slowing down/crawling EV that needs a charge or a tow
than ruining an expensive Lithium pack.

My truck has the "Dolphin" inverter/charger that was used in the factory
conversion of US Electricars in 1994 where
a few hundred sedans and trucks were converted with Hughes 50kW
induction motor bolted to a manual transmission
that was then locked in fixed (reduction) gear so the motor could spin
from 0 - 9k RPM pushing the trucks from 0 - 72MPH
and the sedans from 0 - 90MPH I believe.
The battery box was very well done and contained two individual strings
of 26 lead-acid (Hawker) batteries for a nominal
312V pack (300V for the sedan). The truck has enough space to fit 2
complete Leaf packs in the box
and the controller has components (Electrolytic Capacitors) of 450V
working voltage, so with 90% derating the controller
is rated for 405V, so it is well suited to be run from a Leaf pack, also
because the Dolphin can be field-configured to use
different limits.

BTW, configurable input limits was not the original mentioned problem,
that was something that appeared later in the thread.
The original issue that was suspected is the fixed Low Voltage limit on
the Zilla of 72V which might cause the Zilla to fade out
when attempting to draw more current from the GC batteries, so it is
self-limiting to about 200-300A depending
on the resistance in the circuit, either a high resistance connection or
the GC battery internal resistance.

It seems that a 96V GC pack and a Zilla are not a successful combination
in terms of getting adequate power to the motor.
Either "stiffer" pack is needed or higher voltage or a controller that
allows lower voltage on hard pulls.

Hope this clarifies,
Cor.