On 9/9 I wrote:

>>> I seem to recall that the minimum input voltage for a Zilla is 72 volts. Might be sagging the pack to 72 volts and that is that is simply amps it puts out at that voltage.

Seems pretty straightforward. You just have to read the posts in the thread.

All PWM controllers have _some_ lower voltage limit.
The internal logic circuitry and the gate drivers have a power supply that has a lower threshold of operation, if nothing else.

The controller in question was indeed a Zilla. The pack was indeed 96 volts of lead-acid batteries. This leaves ~24 volts of headroom voltage sag above the cut off.

You also mentioned that you couldn't imagine a lead-acid battery putting out more than 900 amps.

There are many high-performance lead-acid AGM's that will easily put out more than 1000 amps. A single 78 gram BolderTech cell will put out 1000 amps. An Optima battery has 900 _cold_ cranking amps, and will put out far more than 1000 amps when loaded to half/voltage.

I believe Mark Twain said:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Bill D.