Had an interesting encounter at the Mitsubishi dealer last night.  I had
been in the night before to drop of my i-MiEV to reset an errant SRS
(airbag) light.  I kindly older gent in a dealer logo shirt helped me take
care of that.  Last night to pick it up the same guy came out as I was
going in, and he stopped me to ask how I liked my car.  I told him I loved
it, but didn't press the issue because I wan't to get back home.

Turns out he owns the place.  He informed me (in the most friendly, car
dealer kind of way), that he refuses to sell the i-MiEV there.  The short
version of his reasoning is that whenever he gets an electric trade-in
(even the Toyotas!), the batteries are toast and they're "running on the
engine only."  He "just doesn't want to see the customers get hurt."  (And
BTW, the only plug-ins we get here in PA are full electric.  And I'm pretty
sure my i-MiEV is one of maybe 3 that he's ever seen.)

I was being as polite as possible, but I must have given him a "that makes
no sense at all' sort of expression.  He then proceeded to tell me that the
Space Station has 7000 - 8000 lbs of batteries, which they need because
they "just keep going through them" - they're just not reliable enough.  He
saw he was getting no traction with me so he nicely but abruptly broke off
the conversation.

Just for a giggle I googled when I got home.  At
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2017/01/spacewalkers-upgrading-iss-batteries/
I found that the ISS batteries are NiH2 and they're very reliable but
they're reaching the end of their lives.  So they swapped some out for
lithium this year, and those have vastly improved performance and energy
density.

Is this typical of the looney-toons crapola people have to deal with when
buying an EV?  Seriously - that was some truly 'out-there' BS he was
shoveling, and he did so as if it was as evident as the sky being blue.

We humans have SO much evolving yet to do.

Chris