It's a vinyl wrap.  They can be done on any car, it uses a flexible adhesive
film, applied, heat-shrunk, and trimmed, not pre-cut for specific cars.

People commonly get new cars wrapped if they know they'll be selling them, and
want to protect the original paint (unwrap again just before sale).  Typically
you get an opaque wrap, not only does it look better and give you a lot of new
color choices, it also protects the paint underneath better.

I wrapped my Smart ED in matte black with a matte battleship gray Le Mans
stripe.

                -Bill