Ok, good to know about my brush life, thanks.

I re-read the whole thread and realized that replacing your brushes did not fix your issue of super slow acceleration. So unless you are seeing a lot of sparking from your brushes when running it no load (try 12v battery alone as suggested) I'd be suspicious of the controller (or perhaps a weak connection somewhere adding a lot of resistance to your battery circuit...easy to find by the excess heat it would generate.

Jay