Actually, I just remembered my dad's ONE=WHEEL trailer.  That was rigid to
the car and could then only have to articulate vertically... but then
having a high wheel and suspension in the middle of the RV space is a
downer...

I wonder what the laws are on those?  You couls really smak some things
during a slow sharp turn if it was too long.

Bob