Forget that solar trailer lunacy... what I want to build is an RV trailer
for the BOLT.

I want to add a complex sliding panel system to streamline the car with the
trailer so that they become one for aerodynimics, but can make a reasonable
turn and handle dips in the road too.

By eliminating most of the aerodynamic trailer drag at the discontinuity
between car and trailer and letting the end of the trailer end in a
teardrop I think a very significant decrease in aerodynamic load can be
achieved.

I am sure that no one can build these commercially because there are surely
all kinds of standards and requirements that simply do not allow it.

But a home built can probably get away with it most of the time.

Anyway, something to think about someday.

bob
WB4APR