From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Michael Ross via EV
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:35 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Michael Ross <michael.e.r...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] No, electric cars (still) aren't crashing the grid.
Again: Good News: EVs Are Not ...

I disagree on the batteries are "there."  I doubt we can store the "energy
of man" in batteries.  And currently we are no where near close to that.
It is too much, and we won't be able to use batteries for that kind of
massive storage.

I think Musk estimated 250 Gigfactories just to do all EVs, let alone other
industrial and residential uses.

The grid is a super storage medium.  If we were more interconnected
worldwide, then a series of large solar arrays could do it all.  You just
need enough of them facing the sun at any given time and then batteries can
take their better place as mobile storage. This arrangement beats the heck
out of digging all the copper and cobalt needed for stationary storage.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> Thanks for the LIVE California load page. That page today shows the
> famous ​ ... SNIP>

> ​">
> The batteries in EV's are there.
> ​">