I have a 2014 Prius hatchback that ended up the creme filling in a California
freeway Oreo, IE: it got hit hard in the rear and driven into the vehicle in
front. Looks like the insurance company is going to total it as the right rear
quarter panel was driven forward enough to make the right rear door stick and
the rear panel in front of the bumper is toast. Rear damage otherwise is bolt
on stuff like bumper and right tail light. Front damage is mostly just the
bumper cover, radiator and core support. No airbag deployment. Car was in
beautiful condition and only has 35K on it and still runs and drives fine.
Depending on what the insurance company wants for the buy back I was thinking
of fixing it but while looking at it the thought crossed my mind that it might
be cool just to lop off the back behind the front doors and make a light duty
pickup out of it. Anyone else done anything like this and might have
suggestions as to what kind of a little mini truck bed might work? Or suggestion
 s where I might source crash parts for this mess? Rock Auto has the radiator
and the bumper bits but not much for the rear panels I would need if I fix it
back to original. Dach.