As Day becomes the new night for cheap electricity and night will become
the most expensive, here is a brilliant idea in Norway.

Have the lights dim to 20% when no cars or people are driving by.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1114623_how-serious-
is-norway-about-climate-change-so-much-that-its-streetlights-self-dim

ANd if you watch the video they mention one of my concerns about a failed
radar on any given pole is mitigated because all the lights also talk to
each other by RF so that they tell the other lights what is coming.

Neat!  Saves 80% of light power while still providing full illumination
when someone needs it.

I am generally upset at night sky pollution due to excessive night
lighting.  But this is a step in the right direction.

Remember what our scities look like at night from the air?  What a waste of
energy...

Bob
WB4APr