And I had to fight Maryland State inspections.  They failed it on about a
dozen counts..
I hit the roof and showed them in the LAW that I was compliant on every one
of those p oints.
Duh, I read the law and built to conform.

THe cheif state inspector said, "well that is just the way we do it".  ANd
I said, ok, lets go see the Governor!

Apparently they have been making up their own rules and interpretiations of
the rules much narrower than they are actually written.
THey backed down and passed it.

IE, in Maryland a wood bumper is allowed by law.  Must be 3" thick of
hardwood.  Mine was laminated from 4 layers of 3/4" Oak from old pallets.
They wanted solid, but I said that laminated wood layers is stronger than
solid.  ANd had the engineering proof...  passed... etc...

Bob