> From: "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>
>
>> ITMve got 29 Saft 180 AH NiMH batteries.
>> (A string of 24, plus five spares.)
>
> Are you sure those aren't NiCd?

No, you’re right.

>> I?ve got a bunch of bed frames for welding stock,
>
> Bed frames are nasty to work with.  Ever try driling them?

All the time! What’ the problem?

>> I plan to connect [the batteries] with 3/4" copper pipe
>
> I'm not so sure you'll like that in the long run.

Care to explain?

The only problem I can imagine is expansion/contraction. Just work the
coefficients and make sure you have enough space between batteries for the
coldest you’ll encounter, and that there’s enough room for the hottest you’ll
encounter. Certainly, copper bus bars have been around a long time.

Jan