From: Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>This technology is a long way off, in my opinion. There are so many
>tricky cases where human judgment still rules.
>
>- snow on the road, obscuring lane markings
>- wet pavement at night, glare from oncoming headlights obscuring lane
>markings
>- old paint markings
>- extraneous paint, graffiti
>- no lane markings, no fog line
>- markings that don't align from one side of an intersection to another

Flashback to a classic Wile E. Coyote cartoon, where he paints stripes on the
road to direct the Road Runner into a granite wall where he had painted a
tunnel. The Road Runner of course runs into the tunnel that isn't there.

How long before some "coyote" does the same thing in real life, directing a
Tesla into a wall?

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James