The vehicle was at a dead stop for 8-10 seconds, with the brake pedal depressed
    On Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10:00:24 PM EDT, Lawrence Harris via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 Depending on how the car works and if the brake lights are engaged when regen
braking it could be considered a hard braking event and increase the likelihood
of the car behind rear ending you so it’s not clear the insurance company is
wrong in this.  But as noted it does depend on factors they likely don’t
account for.

I would really like a constant power mode where I could set a cruise control
like setting where the maximum power was limited to allow me to go downhill
without regeneration but to limit the uphill power usage to something
reasonable.

Lawrence