K O via EV wrote:
In the spirit that we all stand on others' shoulders!
Charged EVs | Siemens and VW to test long-haul trucks charged by overhead power
lines

Yes; he would have loved it! For those that don't know, Bob was an EV pioneer (he designed the CitiCar, for example). He also was a railroad engineer for years (for "damntrack", as he called it), and drove electric and diesel locomotives.

Of course, powering trains and buses from overhead wires is a very old idea, that has enjoyed considerable success. When I worked in Seattle WA, I regularly rode the electric city buses. In fact, that inspired this little ditty:

"The Man Who Never Recharged" by Lee Hart
<http://davesevs.com/charge.htm>

--
The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change
the world, are the ones who do. -- Steve Jobs