> The GE EV-1 SCR controller is quite similar to yours, but the SCR controller
> in your pictures is *not* and EV-1

Hrm, okay.

> (and possibly not a GE product ;^).

It's definitely a GE. Transformer says GE right on it, and, other
parts of the schematic say GE I'm sure. And I'm certain the schematic
is for mine because I peeled it off the inside of the forklift I
pulled the controller and motor from.

> Google isn't any help figuring out if this is an earlier GE model or not.

It's from a 1969 York forklift. Google returned nadda.

> The person seeking help has a bit different situation than you or I (I also
> have an EV with a GE EV-1 controller in it), since he is electrically
> reversing the motor and so cannot simply eliminate the directional switch(es)
> and contactors like we did.

I understand this but, when troubleshooting you cut out everything but
the essentials to reduce your variables, then add them back as needed.
If you can get the speed controller part of it working then it's just
a matter of bloating it back up.

You'd know this but since no one's mentioned it yet, the EVDL library
has lots of info on the actual EV-1 controller.
http://evdl.org/lib/index.html