From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Jan Steinman via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 10:02 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Jan Steinman
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Large Format Cells vs. Small Format Cells for EVs

> From: Jukka J?rvinen <akkuju...@akkujukka.fi>
>
> The main question is when will the problems be there? After 200.000 or
> 500.000 miles?... we have just now
> mastered the solid state electrolyte and synthetic Graphene production. I
> see now 500Wh/kg, >15 year lifetime

I see someone arguing both sides of a fallacious argument.

How can you criticize one manufacturer for unknown future problems who uses
known technology, while lauding unknown technology for a long lifetime that
none of it has even passed through?

We have all sorts of empirical evidence with small cells. MTBF behaviour is
well characterized. But there is absolutely NO empirical evidence for "15 year
lifetime" of "solid state electrolyte and synthetic Graphene" cells.

Personally, I prefer nickel-iron cells. But I'm an outlier. :-)

Jan