With all due respect, this is not an effective way to demonstrate that a Li
ion battery will last any particular amount of time.

The test method currently the most likely to generate useful results
examines coulombic efficiency to evaluate how small changes to electrollyte
chemistry, electrode construction and content, etc., effect the degradation
of Li ion cells.

*Lithium Battery Research, Jeff Dahn, Dalhousie/Tesla Motors*
I haven't listened carefully to this one yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpQh4kZ_MU

This video exposes the best testing of Li ion cells and talks about why it
is better in detail.
This is very much worth studying closely to understand testing of Li ion
cells.
*Why do Li-ion Batteries die ? and how to improve the situation?*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxP0Cu00sZs

A little TEDx bio and promo for the Dahn Lab at Dalhousie U in Nova Scotia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpHW35gtn54&t=620s

*Search for vids realted to the Dahn Lab*
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jeff+dahn+lithium+battery

If someone wants to talk sense about Li ion testing this will get you
started.  Without this?  Not much sense.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM George Tyler via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> It is not a test done on 1 product, it is all work out statistically, it
> will be something like, "if you test 100 batteries with acceleration
> factor X for 3 months, then you will be 97% confident it that it will
> last 10 years in the car." At Gallaghers (electric fence manufacturers)
> we had 1 guy to do this calculation and control the test, results were
> amazing, reduced failure rate right down.
>

> On 12-Sep-18 12:08 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
> > On 11 Sep 2018 at 15:48, Jan Steinman via EV wrote:
> >
> > "And then the only thing you've proven is that THAT battery lasted 10
> years."

Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land
(919) 901-2805 Cell and Text