Hi list,

In one strange turn of events, I am now the owner of a Chinese electric
scooter. It’s a 72v lithium system with a rear hub motor. As far as I know
it’s the only one of its kind in the country (Chile) as it was brought as a
demonstrator for a business that ultimately failed.

It’s sold with a bunch of different names and I’ve found it’s based on a
generic gas scooter. This one has a Zap vin plate riveted in. It has never
been registered but I am working of that.

I kind of like driving it, but I would like to hack it and reuse the parts
to convert a Kawasaki 250 or 300 from gas to ev.

Problem is, I now almost nothing about it. Is there some site or sites
where I can learn about this Chinese ev setups?

Are hub motors interchangeable? I would need to buy a 17” one for the
Kawasaki but I would like to reuse all the other parts.

Any info and pointers are welcome!

Thanks!

--
Eduardo Kaftanski