>>> “Rivian, a Michigan-based startup that could become the first
>>> automaker to bring an all-electric pickup truck to market”

Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
Ahem, my all electric pickup truck manufactured by US Electricar in 1994
is certainly not the first

paul dove via EV wrote:
Ford made a RANGER in the late 90’s

GM made S10 pickup EVs in the 1990's as well.

Earlier, Jet Industries built EV pickups starting in 1979.
Volkswagon and Toyota built them in the mid-1970's.
Battronic built EV pickups in the early 1970's.

With even a little research, I'll bet there are more. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find companies taht were making EV conversions of Ford model T pickups in the 1920's.

History is a strange beast – you may ignore it and claim to be first,
but it will come back to haunt you if that claim does not jive with history.

No; the modern view is that if you tell likes loud enough and long enough, they "become" the truth. Reporters and readers won't bother to fact-check.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move