Lambert Little via EV wrote:
Howdy all--I want to communicate with someone who is familiar with the old
Commuta-Car. Mine is a 1980 model with 48-volt system. My charger doesn't work;
when I plug the car in, the on-dash charging ammeter bumps, then zeroes. I have
a schematic of the system but really need to visit with someone who can explain
the system to me. Thanks! lambertlit...@yahoo.com

I restored and drove ComutaVan for many years as my daily transportation. The ComutaVan is a "stretch" version of the ComutaCar; it had a longer wheelbase, 72v instead of 48v pack of 6v golf cart batteries, a little bigger motor and a 3-speed transmission. But otherwise, it is very similar. I kept a journal of my repairs and upgrades. What help do you need?

--
In software development, there are two kinds of error: Conceptual
errors, implementation errors, and off-by-one errors. (anonymous)