[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVSE-damaging-a-Leaf-tp4693756.html
EVSE damaging a Leaf
]

% Yes, this can and does happen %

https://www.mail-archive.com/ev@lists.evdl.org/msg26372.html
mike willuweit  01 Jun 2019
Yes. Happened in Chicago with an AeroVironment EVSE at a Walgreens.
Connector fused to a BMW i3. Was stuck there for days.

https://greentransportation.info/ev-charging/range-confidence/chap4-charging/can-charging-station-damage-car.html
Can a charging station damage your electric car?
While electric car charging stations have been carefully designed, the
question is whether your electric car can be damaged during the charging
process?

[dated]
https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/2017/10/08/can-a-public-charging-station-damage-your-electric-car-the-answer-you-didnt-want-to-hear/
Can public charging stations damage your electric car? – Pasadena ...
Oct 8, 2017 - I never knew that a charging station can damage your car. Hard
to believe. But it's true. A few weekends ago I was driving my Kia Soul EV
https://www.sgvtribune.com/2017/10/08/can-a-public-charging-station-damage-your-electric-car-the-answer-you-didnt-want-to-hear/

(snow cover to prevent damage)
https://insideevs.com/news/328411/bmw-i3-charge-port-snow-cover/
BMW i3 Charge Port Snow Cover
Feb 23, 2016  Charge ports on electric cars are similar to the fuel tank
filler openings on ... issue, since the i3 also has rubber caps to seal the
J1772 and CCS inlets so even if you can't close the door, the charge port is
safe from water damage. ... This eliminates the potential problem of
arriving at a public charging station ...
https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/02/21/bmw-i3-life-hack-charge-port-snow-cover/

 (aka ccg public evse)
https://www.plugincars.com/blink-charging-stations-get-current-turned-down-128028.html
Ecotality Reduced Current on Level 2 Blink Electric Car Chargers
Aug 19, 2013  Ecotality Reduced Current on Level 2 Blink Electric Car
Chargers ... possibly melting of the handle and in some cases, the car being
charged has been damaged. ... including capital to replace J1772 charging
hardware on an estimated 12,000 public charging stations ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EValert-GE-WattStation-Damages-Leaf-EVs-can-no-longer-charge-from-any-EVSE-tp4656641.html
EValert: GE WattStation Damages Leaf EVs = can no longer charge from any
EVSE
Jul 19, 2012

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/